Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened...

...as I waded through some of the fallout from ExxonMobil's announcement that they'd be participating in TransCanada Pipelines' proposed Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline project, I found an old friend, of sorts.

I discovered Dave Harbour's Northern Gas Pipelines site several years ago, when interest in building the Alaskan line once again rose over background noise to fool us all into thinking it might finally go ahead. Harbour is an Alaska insider who brought a wealth of information and insight from his connections to the web on a fairly regular basis, and his site was probably the authoratatve collection of news an fact on the proposed project. I visited Harbour's site so much that I managed to be his 100,000th visitor.

Unfortunately, Mr. Harbour had to stop contributing to the site, as he was appointed to a state government post that would have presented a conflict of interest. The site remained up, but with no new contributions after January 31, 2003.

My pleasant surprise was to revisit the site the other day, and find that Harbour had reinstated it last year following the end of his government appointment. He is still providing a great wealth of news and background information about the industry. However one feels about this project, Harbour's site is the best single source for information on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment